Whether you’re taking your first RV road trip or have been on numerous ones before, these tips are great reminders about enjoying the experience. When you’re planning a trip in Alaska, trust ABC Motorhome & Car Rentals for the best motorhome rentals and truck camper rentals.
We found helpful advice from “5 Tips for Planning an RV Road Trip,” published on HowStuffWorks.com.
- Checklists: In the weeks before your trip, start making lists for things you’ll need to bring or items that you use on a daily basis. It’s inevitable to forget something, but by making lists, the hope is to nearly eliminate these overlooked items and be prepared for anything.
- Goals: Remember that you’ll be in a confined space with your family for many, many hours. Don’t set expectations too high that the kids will be perfectly behaved and that there will be no arguments. Essentially, be realistic.
- Timeline: Don’t overestimate how many things you’ll be able to accomplish on your trip. There’s often a lot of travel time between destinations, so don’t add extra stress by expecting to see “x” number of destinations every day. Flexibility and relaxation are going to make your trip all the better.
- Inclusion: Try to plan stops that everyone will enjoy, and include the kids in the decision-making process when picking destinations for your RV rental.
- Documentation: As with any vacation, take plenty of photos and videos. It could be the only time that you ever take that vacation with your family, so these mementos will be special to have. Collect things throughout the trip that you can scrapbook or keep on the mantel. The memories will be priceless.
Here at ABC Motorhome & Car Rentals, we offer tour advice to help with your RV vacation in Alaska. Contact us at 907-279-2000 or 800-421-7456 for further details, or make a reservation online.