In order to rent and/or drive an RV rental, an individual must be 25 years of age or older, possess a valid driver’s license from their state of residence, and have proof of auto insurance to be covered under ABC’s policy. No special class or permit is required.
We do offer delivery for an additional fee. Each scenario is handled differently, but the basic premise is that we take into account the distance we are being requested to deliver the RV and the length of time that a consumer is renting with us. Contact us with your specific delivery needs.
We currently have four locations and fees, which are as follows:
*Estimates only – subject to change.
Rentals returned after 10am are charged $25/hour for the first two hours. After that you will be charged for an additional day. Your rental is assigned to another family and they are expecting it to be ready when they arrive. Please be courteous and bring your rental back on time, filled with duel and propane. To speed up your return process, please have all your bags packed so our shuttle driver can get you to where you need to be.
See our policies page.
Yes, although only for certain locations and times. We also offer delivery and pickup options within a limited distance of our location. Contact us for more details.
You can taxi from the airport to our location, which runs about $5.00. We set the motorhome up for you to spend the night in on our lot. The motorhome is plugged in and you have water (the RV is completely self-contained). You will find your name in the window of the RV, and the side coach door left unlocked. Anyone who has a reservation and is unlucky enough to have a delayed flight will find their rental set up in this way. We’ll see you in the morning!
We have repair companies all over the state that we work with to get your motorhome back on the road as soon as possible. If it is not able to be fixed, we send a driver to you with another motorhome. Also, when you leave our facility, we supply you with a phone number for one of our staff who is accessible 24/7.
No! We will refund your deposit immediately. Simply provide a statement from a physician indicating the health issue.
For a better idea of how to best plan your vacation with one of our RVs, please see the mileage chart below. If you require further guidance in arranging an Alaskan tour or scheduling your daily activities, review our FAQs and policies or contact us at 800-421-7456 today. Although we don’t schedule your tours and activities, we will help you locate a company who will.
|Anchorage||Kenai||147 miles / 237 km|
|Anchorage||Seward||126 miles / 203 km|
|Anchorage||Talkeetna||113 miles / 182 km|
|Anchorage||Homer||226 miles / 364 km|
|Anchorage||Palmer||45 miles / 72 km|
|Anchorage||Wasilla||45 miles / 72 km|
|Anchorage||Denali National Park||236 miles / 380 km|
|Anchorage||Fairbanks||358 miles / 576 km|
|Fairbanks||Denali National Park||122 miles / 200 km|
|Fairbanks||Valdez||364 miles / 586 km|
|Fairbanks||Tok||205 miles / 330 km|
|Haines||Tok||447 miles / 719 km|
|Haines||Anchorage||775 miles / 1247 km|
|Homer||Kenai / Soldotna||91 miles / 147 km|
|Homer||Seward||180 miles / 290 km|
|Tok||Anchorage||328 miles / 528 km|
|Whitehorse||Skagway||108 miles / 174 km|
|Whitehorse||Tok||396 miles / 637 km|
|Seattle||Anchorage||2436 miles / 3921 km|
Our rental policies are provided by ABC Motorhome & Car Rentals to assist you in planning your travels. If you have any questions not answered in this section, refer to our FAQs or mileage chart for more information. We can also be contacted at 800-421-7456.
1. In order to secure a reservation, a partial payment of $500 for RVs or $250.00 for other vehicles is due at the time of booking, and the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to arrival.
2. If the reservation is being made 30 days or less prior to arrival, full payment is required to confirm the reservation.
3. If a reservation is cancelled 30 days or more prior to arrival, half of the partial payment (or $250) is refunded and the other half is held as credit to be used on a future reservation.
*If you have an emergency that causes you to cancel your reservation at any time, with a note from your physician, you will receive full refund for any fees already paid to ABC. For other types of emergencies, you may be asked to provide documentation in order to receive the full refund.
4. If a reservation is cancelled within 30 days of the arrival date, $500 is held on a letter of credit.
5. All renters must be at least 25 years of age and present a copy of their driver’s license.
6. All renters must be an insured driver with a major credit card and present a copy of their proof of auto insurance.
7. A damage deposit in the amount of $1000.00 for RVs and $250.00 for other vehicles is charged at the time of pickup. The deposit is refunded within 7 business days after you return the vehicle. The following will be deducted from the damage deposit:
Lost or damaged property of ABC (IE. Chairs, coolers, BBQ and hitch related items) will be deducted from the deposit.
8. Travel on gravel roads is prohibited by our insurance company. If you take the RV or vehicle on a gravel road and there is a mechanical failure, you are responsible for having the vehicle towed to the nearest appropriate service center. If damage of any kind happens to the vehicle on a gravel road, you are 100% responsible for the cost of repairs.
9. RVs winterized in September. There will not be running water during this season. However, you can flush the toilet using RV anti-freeze. The date of the winterization is completely dependent on the weather.
10. If you return your motorhome early, we do not refund for the unused days unless there is an emergency that is the cause for the early return.
The links below can be used as resources for planning your Alaska tour with an RV . Take the time to explore each link; you’ll find plenty of information to plan your entire vacation! If you have more questions, please refer to our FAQs and rental policy pages, or call us at 800-421-7456 for a more thorough response.